22.1.08

[He and Camille are both in a brightly lit room overlooking busy streets below, but no sound reaches them. She is somewhat aloof, her mind seemingly elsewhere. He has been waiting to talk to her, feeling it is now the time to attemp this.]

Camille.. *silence*... let me look into the deep pools of your eyes.. and let us talk to one another

there is something you already know if you have stared into my person as I have into you

*silence*

"I like watching the sunlight dance on your thoughts as you reason through my meandering"

*silence*

"Camille, won't you say something? you have that funny laughing look behind your eyes, but are trying so hard to appear serious!"

"Silly, Camille
don't you know I can read you as well as I can read your writings?"

"True, you are not an open book- but your pages sometimes fall out of the binding and I tend to pick up after you as you walk away..."

"You might have noticed they were gone if you looked back as you sometimes threaten to as I watch your sway...
but you don't"

"Well? so silent?"
"Alright,don't say anything please...-I'd rather guess at your thoughts and at least make them what I would like to hear;

at least for a moment... please".....*silence*

"stay silent"

*sigh*

"maybe the muse was wrong- maybe I should not have said anything today"

"But...how could she be wrong??"

"She tends to be intuitive about these things-
Perhaps I should not have taken her thoughts as possible truth...!"

"Camille...."

*silence*

"Camille... your eyes are sad..."

"please don't-----" "nooo..........."

!!!!!!!

"why are you laughing!?"

"and now you turn around like this?"

"and.....and- walk away?"

[Camille picks up her stack of books she had put down beside her and walks slowly away]

[as she leaves, a page slips out and falls on the floor but she doesn't notice and closes the door behind her]

[He walks softly over and picks it up and reads:]

"and if ever I should find true love at my doorstep I should have to but walk away at the thought of being fully known- for if not a mystery to all, a mystery to none and therefore I, no-one"

No hay comentarios.: